Have you previously undertaken Asset training or are currently using Asset, and are prepared and able to assist the Asset Users Group to deliver consistent training throughout Scotland?
With a substantial amount of Asset training requests, CYCJ has made the decision to run a further training for trainers course to establish a group of trainers across Scotland, who can deliver the training to any new staff within their Local Authority area.
The training will be held on March 19, 2015 at the University of Strathclyde. There will be a fee of £25 per person to cover costs and lunch will be provided.
Who should attend?
Practitioners who have previously undertaken Asset training or are currently using Asset, and who are prepared and able to assist the Asset Users Group to deliver consistent training throughout Scotland.
Key components of Asset training
Asset training events will vary according to the number of people attending, their existing experience of using Asset or other assessment tools, the structure of teams or agencies and the context within which Asset is being used.
This one day event will provide guidance on delivering the following key areas to practitioners as part of an Asset training event:
- explaining the background to Asset – its rationale, theoretical basis and design process
- developing familiarity with the purpose and content of the different Asset forms and explaining how they link together
- showing how Asset can shape the process of assessment
- dealing with the details of the forms e.g. scoring, evidence
- using Asset to inform practice
To apply for a place, please complete the application form and send it to email@example.com. Please note places are limited and will be granted on a first come first served basis.