The Centre for Youth & Criminal Justice (CYCJ) is looking to appoint an external consultant or consultancy service to undertake an evaluation of its approach and impact.
CYCJ is primarily funded by the Scottish Government, and hosted by the University of Strathclyde. The Centre was established in 2013, and grew out of the Criminal Justice Social Work Development Centre previously situated at Edinburgh University. Five years on, CYCJ is keen to begin the process of identifying and documenting its processes, stakeholder perceptions, impact on policy and practice (and associated critical success factors), as well areas for change and improvement. The evaluation will be jointly funded by CYCJ and the Scottish Government.
We are keen that tenderers feel able to be creative in their approach. Therefore, we have provided a project outline to give an indication of expectations, rather than representing a prescriptive brief.
It is anticipated that the project will start in March 2019 and conclude by the end of November 2019. We are flexible as to the approach taken, but are especially keen to hear from applicants with experience of appropriate methods to assess the impact of our approach and activities, and from those who are able to dedicate sufficient time in order to fully understand the CYCJ approach.
Work may include the following:
- Familiarisation with the CYCJ model
- Documenting the CYCJ model and key processes and activities
- Identification and consultation with key stakeholders
- Assessing the impact of CYCJ’s activities on practice and policy
- Highlighting best practice examples of impact and reach
- Identifying critical factors for success (both within CYCJ and in the wider environment)
- Providing a final written report and other dissemination activity as required
The ideal candidate(s) will:
- Be able to work with CYCJ in a collaborative manner
- Be able to fulfil the needs of the brief efficiently and creatively
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience in appropriate methods
- Be able to provide excellent written, and other forms of feedback
- Possess excellent facilitation skills
How to apply
If you are interested in undertaking this project, click here for more information and documents pertaining to this role, and the application process. Please note you will need to register in order to do this. The closing date is 12pm on Monday, March 4 and the deadline for clarification questions is 12pm on February 27.