The Centre for Youth & Criminal Justice (CYCJ) has undergone a significant period of change over the past 18 months, with staffing, structural and strategic changes.
In 2015/2016, once these changes have embedded, CYCJ plans to undergo an evaluation process to explore perceptions, delivery and impact on policy and practice. In the meantime, the Centre is looking to commission an external consultant (or consultants) to collaborate with CYCJ in helping the team reflect and prepare for this evaluation. The ideal candidate(s) will:
- be able to work with CYCJ in a collaborative and creative manner
- be able to demonstrate experience in action research / inquiry, or contribution analysis
- possess excellent skills in facilitation
- be able to provide excellent written, and other forms of feedback
- In addition it would be desirable, but not essential, if the candidate(s) had some understanding of the youth and/or criminal justice sector in Scotland
The project will commence in November 2014 and will conclude by June 2015, involving an estimated 9 to 10 days work. While the final project structure will be agreed between the successful applicant and CYCJ, a broad outline of the project is provided below. In addition the estimated time required for each stage is provided as an indication of our expectations, but this is subject to change.
- Planning and project design (1 day)
- Preparatory meeting with CYCJ team to develop the partnership and agree the aims and approach (0.5 days)
- Facilitate 3 x half-day ‘improvement’ sessions with the whole CYCJ team to support participation, planning, action and critical reflection in November, February and May (1.5 days)
- Document the process of reflection and learning and provide feedback to CYCJ after each session (3 days)
- Provide a final written report, and other feedback as required, that documents the learning and the journey that CYCJ has made during the process of inquiry (3 to 4 days).
If you would be interested in undertaking this project please email the following to Kristina Moodie, Research Associate at email@example.com no later than September 20:
- CV documenting relevant experience
- Two references
- Details of your day rate (including any VAT separately)
- A brief (one page maximum) outline of how you might approach the project
Please direct any enquiries to CYCJ on 0141 444 8622.