Could you support young people in shaping a better Scotland to grow up in?
CYCJ and Staf are recruiting for a Youth Justice Participation Worker, funded by Life Changes Trust. This full time role, which will be split across both organisations, will involve working across Scotland to innovatively gather the views of care experienced young people involved in the justice system.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience of working with and supporting vulnerable young people and show a proven ability to facilitate groups of young people, managing group dynamics and leading their work.
The main functions of the role are:
- Establish a steering group of young people to act as advisors to the project.
- Ensure that young people are involved in all aspects of planning and development of the project.
- Work across Scotland to innovatively gather the views of care experienced young people involved in the justice system.
- Develop an ongoing feedback and evaluation loop to ensure learning is shared widely.
- Feed the views of young people into the wider work of Staf and CYCJ.
- Attend youth justice related meetings to comment on practice and policy based on the experiences of children and young people.
- Contribute to training and practice development activities to share the views of children and young people.
- Help to identify policy and practice improvements based on young people’s experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who’s passionate about working with young people and supporting them to influence change based on their experiences.
Closing date: November 19
Interviews will take place on December 4