For Episode 6 of ‘Creative Conversations with CYCJ’ Maureen Roberts was joined by Speech and Language Therapists AnneMarie Macrae and Janie Scott.
The trio explore Speech, Language and Communication Needs within their work, children’s rights, the funding landscape, and the prevalence and implications of SLCN among children and young people in conflict with the law.
Relevant resources and links:
• CYCJ Practice Guide Chapter on SLCN: www.cycj.org.uk/wp-content/upload…/06/Section-9.pdf
• SLCN Training, 6th & 7th Nov 2023: www.cycj.org.uk/event/slcn-training/
• REACH – Intensive Support to Young People and Families www.pkc.gov.uk/article/20813/REA…ople-and-Families
• Talking Mats www.talkingmats.com/
• Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists online learning journey ‘The Box’ for people supporting children in conflict with the law with communication needs: www.rcslt.org/learning/the-box-training/
• Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists: Justice Dossier justice-evidence-base-2017.pdf (rcslt.org) chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/www.rcslt.org/wp-content/uploads…ence-base-2017.pdf